Serial over Bluetooth
Now that we verify that the Bluetooth module works with minicom/PuTTY, let's connect it to the microcontroller:
Recommended steps to wire this up:
- Close OpenOCD and
- Disconnect the F3 from your laptop.
- Connect F3's GND pin to the module's GND pin using a Female/Female (F/F) wire (preferably, a black one).
- Connect F3's 5V pin to the module's VCC pin using a F/F wire (preferably, a red one).
- Connect the PA9 (TX) pin on the back of the F3 to the Bluetooth's RXD pin using a F/F wire.
- Connect the PA10 (RX) pin on the back of the F3 to the Bluetooth's TXD pin using a F/F wire.
- Now connect the F3 and your laptop using an USB cable.
- Re-launch OpenOCD and
And that's it! You should be able to run all the programs you wrote in [section 11] without modification! Just make sure you open the right serial device / COM port.